Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Field Trip

On March 12th, the three of us took a field trip back to the hospital, St. Rose Dominican-Siena. We dropped off a thank you note to the nurse that helped on the day Brystol was born (she was amazing! In fact, every nurse and doctor that we had were so wonderful. It made being in the hospital so much easier knowing we were in good hands.) The next stop was the cafeteria. This place had special meaning to me even though I never knew where it was until after Brystol was born and I was released. Here's the story...back in October I had to be in the hospital for the first time in my life (except when I was born myself) for bleeding. While there Roman would say he was going to get something to eat and he'd be gone for a LONG time. He'd come back and say, "Oh man, that was sooooo good!" He was down there at the cafeteria just gorging himself. The food was good and cheap. Then when I was admitted in January the same thing would happen. He'd be gone for hours....eating. I think his favorite was the bacon cheeseburger. I just thought it was funny and wanted to go back TOGETHER to this place where he found comfort while I was in the hospital. So in honor of this we both got bacon cheeseburgers and ate at the cafeteria TOGETHER.

Also, while Brystol was in the NICU and we would go for our late night visits, we had to enter through the Emergency room because the front of the hospital closed at 9pm. This picture is just a reminder of visiting our little lady in the middle of the night for 10 nights faithfully!


No comments:

Post a Comment